As you begin Achieve in 5!, here are five concrete tips to get you in the right mental space to succeed.
1) Suspend contact with negative people – they’ll drain your energy and instill doubt in your mind.
2) Write your Achieve in 5! goal on ten 3×5 cards. Place a card on your refrigerator, in your wallet or purse, on your bathroom mirror, on the dashboard of your car, on your desk at work or home, next to your bed, on your computer, and any other places you frequent. The purpose is to keep your goal constantly at the forefront of your mind.
3) Make it convenient to Achieve in 5!. If your Achieve in 5! goal involves writing, have paper and pen with you so that you can jot down thoughts. If it involves exercise make it simple, walk or do floor exercises; forget the gym. If it involves reading, carry the book or material with you.
4) Make your goal public – tell a few trusted friends, post your goal on the Achieve in 5! Facebook page or as a comment on this blog. Let people you know your goal. It helps with accountability.
5) Be kind to yourself. If you miss a day, don’t fret or blame yourself. Just start again the next day. Start early the next day so that you don’t miss two days.
Have fun as you Achieve in 5!
This is a modified reprint from 6/25/2009